Search This Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Changing Lives

Someone posted this quote on their social media page a few weeks ago and it really moved me:

There will always be a reason why you meet people. Either you need them to change your life or you're the one who will change theirs.

This is my new favorite quote and something that I truly believe. We have a lot of people changing our lives -  There have been some people recently who have shared their personal experiences or shared miracle stories.  There are others who know people that are somehow linked to all of this and others who have provided continuous support in various ways.  Sometimes the purpose of your life and seeing why things happen in the way that they do aren't always explainable. I don't think we are always supposed to understand why these challenges or changes come into our lives when it seems unfair or drastic or life changing. I do know that the reason that each of you got to where you are today is to have touched my family's life in the way that you have because we have needed the support and we very much appreciate it. You are changing our lives - making us stronger and surrounding us with more love than we ever could have imagined.

When I lost my mom so unexpectedly 7 years ago to a heart attack - I had no reason for why this had happened.  Why was her time up? I needed her here with me - for me, for my dad, my brother, for the so many people who were around her.  At the time, I didn't get it and I still don't entirely.  She was 53 years young. And it was tough. It IS still tough.  BUT in seeing the glass half full as I always try to do in my life...she helped bring a lot of people back into our lives that we had been missing - who are here for us now.  There are new people who are in our lives and supporting us more than we could have ever asked who may not have been in our lives as strongly as they are now.  Loss is never easy - I would ask to have my mom with me every day, but in a way - there was a lot of good that came out of the situation.  It's made me a stronger person because of it.  There may be a greater purpose for all of this.  I don't know what it is and I don't like going through this but that's how I'm trying to look at it.

We got the results of Max's DNA test back. We found out that the common gene mutation is not what we've passed to Max.  Of this rare disease...we have a rare mutation...really? So we go back to the lab and get more blood drawn and listen to our poor baby cry.  Then we wait for 4-5 weeks for the specific dna makeup...close to his first birthday.

The holidays have provided ways for us to get out and enjoy friends, family and different events around the valley.  There are some days that Max cries just to cry and other days are better and he cries because of separation anxiety like a normal ten month old would.  Emma has loved the lights and all of the fun.

We are still adapting, learning and loving each day and doing the best that we can.
Thank you for supporting us and helping us through this time. Your positive light and love can help do amazing things and we feel all of it. YOU are changing our lives...as is Max...in so many magical ways.

1 comment:

  1. Your perspective and everything you write is something I need to remember. What encouragement. I'll need to email you something I'm learning that goes along with things you written and what you wrote for this post.

    ReplyDelete